Tuesday, December 4, 2007

H2P Series Introduction

I received some inspiration on what I wanted to write about over the next few weeks. Being trapped in the smash abyss of eastern Idaho, I have spent a lot of time teaching new players how to smash better. Amidst these lessons, I realized that much of what I was teaching could be applied to games outside of smash. There is indeed much to learn in order to master smash, but much of it stems from fighter fundamentals. One of the most basic lessons is "don't get hit". It sounds simple, but an entire lecture can follow that statement. For many players new to smash, "don't get hit" is a rather foreign concept (no, I am not being sarcastic).

So, I am going to write a series of lessons. The articles will be central to smash but attempt to convey the messages in such a way that they can be applied in non-smash situations. It is a bit of a tretch, but I find it worth shooting for. I am also open to outside help! If you have faith in your smash knowledge and your ability to express that knowledge in writing, let me know (TheBuzzSaw@Gmail.com).

No comments: