Monday, November 26, 2007

Nexus Report

Well, the Thanksgiving break gave me a huge boost on the Nexus. For some, it may seem like backtracking since I had to revamp several old components, but now the system is much more intelligent and intuitive than before. It is almost ready for a new team to start indexing. Once that starts, the search functionality will be opened to the public. So, the public will not yet be able to index videos, but that time will come. I polished off submitting and deleting sets. I have just a few tweaks to make before enabling the editing of pre-existing sets.

Sadly, with the break being over, school is once again interfering with my progress. The only good side to this is that the semester ends in less than three weeks. The Nexus will receive my full attention from then on. It will be very exciting for me! I cannot wait to be free of the tyranny that is homework.

No comments: